2013 → 2016 :
NPAGRI - Revitalize production, market access and agricultural advice for food and cash crops in Northern Ivory Coast
|Origin of funding||:
|Name of partner(s)||:
Improving rural food security in Northern Ivory Coast thanks to a better functioning of supplementary food chains of cash crops (cotton and cashew) that ensure the capitalization of households.
Place of implementation
Ivory Coast : Centre Nord Region, Cities : Korhogo, Odienné, Séguéla, Bouaké, Bondoukou, Bouna
- 1500 women practicing traditional gardening
- 3500 cotton growers producing members of the PAO (Professional Agricultural Organisation) AFFICOT-CI
- 500 agricultural advisers nearby: field workers (OCPV, Cotton Companies, AFFICOT-CI, local NGOs) and peasant leaders.
83 000 farmers in cotton growing areas of Northern Ivory Coast.
- Building of a training strategy / extension and expansion of effective service, participative, visible and sustainable.
- Design and implementation of an information system on the food to collect trade data and disseminate reliable, useful and directly synthesized by diverse means of communication.
- Implementation of an advanced service on training, consulting and technical and economic assistance, tailored to the priorities of strategic sectors targeted and technical capacities of the different types of actors.
- Establishment of a steering committee of the action under the supervision of MINAGRI (Ministry of Agriculture - Ivory Coast).
- R1. A detailed study of complementary food chains in the cotton production system, both aspects of production and marketing, is synthesized and distributed in cooperation with private operators (cotton companies and farmers organizations members AFFICOT-CI) and authorities and public agencies (OCPV, MINAGRI, ANADER and local and national authorities).
- R2. An information system on the food market allows to collect trade data and disseminate reliable, useful and directly synthesized by diverse means of communication (SMS, radio, website) in collaboration with the Office to help the Marketing of Food Products (OCPV).
- R3. An advanced training services, consultancy and technical and economic support, tailored to the priorities selected strategic sectors and technical capacities of the different types of actors, is operational and sustainable institutionally and financially. This service is designed in collaboration with OCPV, ANADER and AFFICOT-CI and ensures strengthen the capacity of agents on the following strategic areas: (1) collection of information, (2) analysis, (3 ) distribution, (4) training and (5) support for economic operators. It allows to integrate other sectors and a larger number of beneficiaries.
In collaboration with :
With the financial support of :